Knowledgebase:
Cluster Server for Opera v4.05.02 crashed, recovered and installed same on another server
Posted by Duste Mojibullah, Last modified by Kaize, Ahamed on 25 August 2021 07:26 PM

On 11/01/2021 about 5:00 PM

Received a call from Mr. Syed Naseer for Opera v4.05 installation CD.
Same time received a call from Mr. Adel Abden for same CD.

Mr. Adel explain that, their Opera Cluster Server is crashed, and they have backup and want to install Opera v4.05.02 on a temp server.
Mr. Adel gave connection to check the server which he want to provide for installation, i connected and found ok.
Mr. Abdulrahman had Opera v4.04 installation media and upgrade patches Opera v4.05.00, v4.05.01 and v4.05.02
I requested Mr. Adel and Mr. Abdulrehman to come to our Madina office.
Mr. Adel brought the server which has 4GM RAM and Mr. Abdulrahman brought the installation media.
We found Trennd Micro installed on server, Mr. Abdulrehman uninstalled it.
The job started at about 12:00 non on 12/01/2021
I started to install the Opera v4.04 it installed successfully.

I called to Mr. Adel for RUNTIMES and Customizable Reports folder
He gave me connection and found that their original Opera Production server is still live without CLUSTER,
Opera is coming up but not accessing the PMS or other menus.

Started to investigation, I found that all oradata is available on D:
later requested to Mr. Amir to connect, we found R: is missing and Mr. Amir found it the R: pointer in all the config files,
He replaced all the config files from R: to D:
Their Opera Production server also came up and Opera started working there.
Congratulations to Mr. Amir, he did a brilliant  job.

Later created the property and upgraded till Opera v4.05.02
above job took about 7 hours till 7 pm in the evening.

then dropped the schema and started the import.
there were lot of table spaces required so increased as 2048 on each required in multiple instances took 2+ hours.
about 9 pm the import stars and finished next day morning 9 am (13/01/2021) with errors (total time 12 hrs)

found OXI invalid objects, compiled the OXI and OXI_HUB.
All objects are ok now.
stops all the services and took backup of RUNTIMES and Customizable Reports folder
Copied the original to the server after taking backup

started all the services
Started Opera

Opera is working perfectly al hamdullillah.

Thanks to Mr. Amir, Abdulrahman for their cooperation and Patience of Mr. Adel.

Regards,
Mojibullah

(0 vote(s))
Helpful
Not helpful

Comments (0)
Post a new comment
 
 
Full Name:
Email:
Comments:
CAPTCHA Verification 
 
Please enter the text you see in the image into the textbox below (we use this to prevent automated submissions).